Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Keep it in the family....not!


You know those secret family recipes that we swoon over but no one will give it up? Here is one I found the other day. It was supposed to be Rhubarb Upside Down cake and it called for 28 marshmallows! I don't think any of us need that. I had over a quart of fresh Raspberries (thank the dear Lord above we live next to Aunt Kathy and her green thumb!) I substituted the rhubarb for raspberries - oh the world is so sweet....sun kissed ruby red berries neatly turned out on a platter. yum... I will share the recipe...just ask!
OK, I'll save you the trouble:
Put into the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan:
4 c. chopped fruit, berries or rhubarb
1 c. sugar
Cream together:
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
Add:
2 eggs
1/2 c. milk
Mix in separate bowl:
1 3/4 c. flour
1/4/ t. salt
3 t. baking powder
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix. Pour and spread over the fruit.
Bake 40 min at 350.
Invert onto platter. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream - do you know how to make the real thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment